At elborne, our mission is to bring ethical and sustainable fashion brands together on one online marketplace so you never have to sacrifice style for sustainable clothing . Everything we sell is ethically made and cruelty-free, meaning nothing died or suffered to make these products.
What you find here goes beyond fashion. Spread the word and share your style @elborneliving
We’re fashion forward, meaning as a company we promote modern, sustainable, responsible clothing for women who love fashion. We have high standards for our brand partners and the products we carry. These include:
- No leather or fur in any of the items we sell
- Responsible production practices with minimum impact to the environment
- Transparency and traceability of materials and manufacturing
Aside from these standards, many of our brands are certified “B” corporations, meaning they meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency set by the non-profit, B-Lab.
Impacts of “fast” fashion
Why ethical and sustainable fashion? Our addiction to fast fashion has wreaked havoc on our planet and those we share it with. Here are some enlightening facts about the social, economic, and environmental impacts of conventional or “fast” fashion:
- 1. Pollution
- The fashion and textile industry is the second most polluting industry in the world…. Second only to the oil industry.
- 2. Leather
- Purchasing leather products directly supports factory farming where animals raised for their skins endure unimaginable suffering.
- 3. Human Resources
- Conventional manufacturing of garments and textiles is one of the main contributors to sweatshop operations.
- 4. Water
- Nearly 20% of global industrial water pollution comes from the treatment and dyeing of textiles for fashion.
- 5. Waste
- 90% of the clothing donated to charities end up in landfills or flooding markets in developing countries, negatively impacting local industry.